Sunday, 11 October 2026

Night Goblin test

Following the massive new update for Total War: Warhammer 3, I’ve been playing this brilliant game again for about two hours. For a change from the High Elves, who I usually play, I chose Skarsnik this time and tried to capture Karak Eight Peaks as quickly as possible.
It worked out, though unfortunately my Warhammer-Thoughts have been revolving mainly around Night Goblins of late…
So I thought a little colour test wouldn’t do any harm (of course not!). 

In the process, I realised just how incredibly good these old models still are. Truly brilliant, timeless sculpts, sculpted with a great deal of charm and finesse. Simply brilliant, and I thoroughly enjoyed painting this test figure.

 



I tried to stick very closely to the Games Workshop box art colours whilst still achieving a good result relatively quickly… As always that was quite a challenge for me (see also the last post on this blog for more on this), but we’ll see. If I ever get round to painting my Battle for Skull Pass box, then I’ll find out if it takes too long.
I’ve already put together a ‘small’ 1,000-point army in my army builder and I’d have to paint a whopping 100 goblins… But hey, that’s still a long way off. 

For now this lonely goblin will stand proudly in my display cabinet, next to the ever Goblin-friendly Gotrek and Felix. 


No comments:

Post a Comment