Saturday, 10 October 2026

The Steel Legion returns

Well, here I am again with even more 40K!
My lone Steel Legionnaire was feeling a bit lonely next to my Space Marine, who’s quite intimidating by comparison, so I’ve given him three more comrades to keep him company.
I wanted to speed up the process a bit, but that didn’t quite work out that well. 

I always find it difficult to strike a good balance between so-called ‘speed painting’ and my usual painting style. Often I simply take too long, but if I skip a step or two, the result looks a bit too messy.
In this case, it’s mainly about the final highlights on the yellow-brown fabric. I just wanted to use something straight from the pot instead of adding more and more beige to the base mix, but I suppose that was a bit too drastic.

Oh well, next time I’ll invest a bit more time after all!
But it’s fine – at least three new figures are now finished. I guess on the gaming table they will look okay!




And here’s something else I’ve tried:

I wasn’t entirely happy with the finish on my Space Marine – it all looked a bit too matte, somehow.

I’ve now given him a 1:1 mix of matte varnish and satin varnish, and now I think it looks much better. At least to the naked eye! You can’t really see the difference that clearly in the photos, but I’m absolutely delighted with it now.


And here are all the figures from the project that I’ve managed to complete so far! Things are moving forward, albeit in baby steps. But it’s still fun to hop between the different projects depending on my mood, even if that means the overall progress isn’t quite as fast as one might wish. 
 
Oh, and one last thing: I just love the bases! I think they now look very similar to the ones on the official box art figures, and that just makes me happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment