Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2026

Elf command finished

Last Sunday, and for a bit on the mornings before work, I carried on painting more elves, and finished a standard-bearer, an old Haldir conversion and another spearman.
The spearman’s face is a bit creepy, but I quite like the other two figures!


I’d already done the Haldir conversion a few years ago and have now stripped the paint off it again. He was meant to represent Gildor for one of the ‘Quest of the Ringbearer’ scenarios.
Now I’ll probably just use him as a simple captain. 


The banner gave me a bit of a headache, I hate painting freehands! But with a bit of time and practice, it turned out okay I think. For the emblem, I based it on the one Games Workshop has on their website.

Here’s another comparison between my set and the one from GW – it wasn’t easy to make the captain look any less strange than he does in the official product photo. But it's quite interesting to see the difference between my elf captain from a few months earlier compared to the recent figures, my "new" method of painting faces is a bit more effective and cleaner I think. 

 

 

 

Next up will probably be three more plastic wood elves, which I’ve modified a bit more extensively. More on that in the next post!






Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen